- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 1h 30 min
- Yield : 16
- chocolate wafers - 1 1/2 cup
- coconut, toasted - 1/2 cup, sweetened flaked
- toasted almonds - 1/2 cup, sliced
- granulated sugar - 1/4 cup
- butter, unsalted - 1/2 cup, (1 stick)
- cream cheese, softened - 4 - 8oz packages, softened
- granulated sugar - 1 cup
- large eggs - 4
- coconut, toasted - 1 cup, flaked
- coconut extract - 1 tbsp
- almonds, toasted - 1 cup, sliced
- chocolate chips, semisweet - 1 cup
- whipping cream - 3/4 cup
- vanilla extract - 1 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap outside of 9-inch springform pan with foil.
- Finely grind cookie crumbs, coconut, almonds and sugar in a food processor. Add butter; process until moist crumbs form.
- Press mixture into bottom and up 1-inch side of pan. Bake crust until set and begins to brown, about 12 minutes. Cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325 F.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Mix in coconut and coconut extract. Fold in almonds. Transfer filling to crust.
- Bake until cake is puffed and no longer moves when pan is shaken, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool completely on rack.
- Combine chocolate chips, cream and vanilla extract in small saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Cool until glaze begins to thicken but can still be poured, about 30 minutes. Pour glaze over cooled cake; spread evenly. Chill cake overnight.
Almond Joy Cheesecake Recipe
Have you ever combined the great taste of chocolate, almonds and coconut with a smooth creamcheese filling?
If you are a fan of coconut, chocolate and almonds, then this Almond Joy cheesecake recipe will bring you heaps of JOY! Combined with the creamy smooth cheesecake flavor, it’s guaranteed to leave your taste buds tantalized and begging for another bite! I can’t think of a dessert the kid inside of you will love more. My children love when I make this cheesecake and too often beg for me to bake it again!