This just sounds refreshing!
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 1h 10 min
- Yield : 16
- quick cooking oats (crust) - 4
- pecans (crust) - 1/2 cups, finely chopped
- packed brown sugar (crust) - 1/2 cup
- butter (crust) - 5 tbsp, melted
- cream cheese, softened - 16 oz
- bananas, ripe & mashed - 1 cup
- granulated sugar - 3/4 cup
- lemon juice - 2 tsp
- eggs - 4
- sour cream - 1 cup
- granulated sugar - 2 tbsp
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- banana slices - garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together the oats, pecans, brown sugar and butter until well combined. Press firmly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
While crust is cooking:
- Beat together the cream cheese, bananas, 3/4 cup sugar and lemon juice until well blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into the crust. Bake for 40 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, prepare Sour Cream Topping.
Sour Cream Topping
- Mix together the sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and top with the sour cream mixture.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Cool slightly. Loosen the cake from the sides of the pan and remove the springform. Cool the cake to room temperature. Refrigerate, covered, overnight. Garnish with banana slices before serving.
This recipe will water your mouth!!
If your household is anything like my mine, you always have bananas at the ready. All my children love to eat bananas regularly, so this cheesecake recipe is a no brainer for me. I’ve made this several times and it’s very easy and simple to bake. So if you have any bananas laying around the house, why not mix it up and surprise the family with a delicious Banana Aloha cheesecake!! Come back and share with us, let us know how it turned out!