Bananas Foster Cheesecake, can you eat even one piece?
With 48oz of softened cream cheese this is definitely a thick and dense Bananas Foster Cheesecake Recipe. The ingredients all compliment each other so well. Be careful letting your eyes determine how much of this beauty you can eat. I highly recommend you plate about half of what you think you can eat. The density really fills the tummy, but oh how wonderfully good this cheesecake tastes. This bananas foster cheesecake recipe also calls for 6 tbsp’s of rum, so you may have to hit the local liquor store before baking according to these instructions. I can only imagine a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream along side this bananas foster cheesecake! If you bake one, please come back and let us know how it turned out!
An extremely thick and rich cheesecake!
- graham cracker crumbs - 1 1/2 cups
- granulated sugar - 6 tbsp
- butter - 1/2 cup, (1stick), melted
- cream cheese, softened - 48 oz
- brown sugar - 1 1/2 cups, firmly packed
- cornstarch - 3 tbsp
- cinnamon - 1 1/2 tsp
- eggs - 6
- egg yolks - 2
- bananas - 1 1/3 cups, pure`ed
- rum - 6 tbsp
- vanilla extract - 4 tsp
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter until well mixed. Press evenly in bottom of 15 x 10 x 1- inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese, brown sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon until smooth. Add eggs and egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in all remaining ingredients. Pour into crust-lined pan. Pan will be very full.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until center is firm to the touch. Cool completely before serving. Store in refrigerator.