- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 1h 20 min
For the Crust:
- Preheat Oven at 350°F. Make your Chocolate Wafers cookie crumbs by using a food processor or simply place in a plastic bag and crush using a rolling pin.
- Mix Chocolate Wafers, melted butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl. Spread in the bottom of a 9" springform pan and up 1 1/2 inch on the side. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and place to the side.
For the Filling:
- Preheat Oven at 350°F. Melt Chocolate in double boiler over low heat and stir. Remove double boiler from heat and place to the side.
- Using an electric mixer blend cream cheese on low speed in a mixing bowl. Use spatula to scrape sides and paddle of mixer. Add in the sugar slowly, and continue to beat until creamy. Add in extract until blended. Add in eggs one at a time and continue to mix a lowest speed until eggs are incorporated in the batter.
- Pour about 1/3 of the mixture into a bowl. Pour remaining mixture into your crust. Pour chocolate on top of batter that is in the crust. Pour the rest of the batter into your crust.
- Gently cut through with a knife to create swirl effect.
- Bake for 1 hour or until center jiggles. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow to set.
For the Topping:
- In a chilled-bowl, whip cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. With the mixer still running, sprinkle sugar into cream and continue to whip until firm peaks form.
- Ice entire cheesecake with topping.