Caramel and nougat! is there a better combination?
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 1h 30 min
- Yield : 16
- vanilla wafer cookies - 1 1/2 cup - finely crushed
- butter or margerine - 1/3 cup
- cream cheese - 3 8oz packages, softened
- granulated sugar - 1/2 cup
- packed brown sugar - 1/2 cup
- vanilla - 1 tsp
- eggs - 3
- whipping(heavy) cream - 3/4 cup
- chocolate covered nougat, caramel and peanut candy bars - 3 candybars, coarsely chopped
- Peanuts - 1/2 cup chopped
- whipping(heavy) cream - 1/2 cup
- Heat oven to 325ºF. In medium bowl, mix cookie crumbs, peanuts and butter. Press evenly in bottom of springform pan, 9x3 inches.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in sugars and vanilla until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in 3/4 cup whipping cream. Pour over crust.
- Bake cheesecake 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until center is set; cool 15 minutes. Run metal spatula along side of cheesecake to loosen.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt candy bars over low heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/2 cup whipping cream until smooth. Cool slightly. Remove side of pan. Serve sauce with cheesecake.
Caramel and Nougat! WOW!
I can’t think of anything better to top a cheesecake with than your favorite candybar !
If you enjoy a good snickers bar, you’ll love this recipe. Covered in hot flowing caramel and chewy nougat bites its a perfect match for the rich creamy taste and delightful texture of cheesecake! I personally have not baked this recipe yet, but plan to very soon. If you bake this candybar cheesecake recipe before me, please come back and share your experience with us, we’d love to hear about it.