German Cheesecake Recipe
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 1h 30 min
- Yield : 12
- Use a 10-inch springform pan.
- Mix sour cream, cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, and sugar (1 cup) in a large mixing bowl, beat for 25 minutes on medium speed.
- Crust: combine crumbs, sugar (2 tablespoons), and melted butter; mix well.
- Press onto bottom and sides of pan. Chill in freezer for 15 minutes. Pour cream cheese batter into pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1-1/4 hours or until top is very brown. Turn off oven; let cheesecake sit in oven for 2 hours with oven door ajar.
- Can top with cherry pie filling