This scrumptious cheesecake is light and airy. You won't be disappointed!
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 40 minutes
- Yield : 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch cake tin with cooking oil spray.
- Beat Neufchatel cheese with milk to soften.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar, egg yolks, cornstarch and lemon juice and beat until smooth.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until foamy.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar and cream of tartar, beating on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually fold beaten egg whites into the cheese mixture, stirring gently.
- Pour into 9" springform cake pan or 9" pie pan and smooth the surface.
- Place pan into a larger roasting pan and place in lower rack of oven. Pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to come half way up the side of the cake pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until a pick inserted in the middle of the center comes out clean.
- Refrigerate until cool.
- While baking, slice your favorite fruit topping and dust with remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
- Serve cake with topping and their juice! Makes 8 servings.
Cheesecake Recipe to try tonight!
A very light, exotic and terrific tasting cheesecake! This is definitely not the typical cheesecake recipe that you are used to! Let us know what you think if you decide to try this recipe.