This Rich and Creamy Cheesecake has the weight to stand alone and tingle your taste buds with nothing extra!
- graham cracker crumbs - 1 1/4 cup
- sugar, divided - 1/3, 1/3 & 1/4 cup
- butter - 1/3 cup, melted
- cream cheese, softened - 2 - 8oz packages
- eggs - 2, beaten slightly
- vanilla, divided - 1 tsp, 1 tsp
- salt - 1/8 tsp
- sour cream - 1 cup
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter, mixing well.
- Pat evenly into the bottom and side of a 9-inch pie pan or springform pan. Chill.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and eggs for 1 minute on medium speed. Add 1/3 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and salt. Continue beating until well blended, about 1 minute. Pour into crust.
- Bake 35 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes.
- While cake is cooling, mix second topping. Combine sour cream, remaining 1/3 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Spread evenly over cooled cheesecake. Return to 350-degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight before serving.
This recipe can be found in the latest cookbook, Cooking Smart Using Ingredients on Hand, by Peni DiPietro and Denise DiPietro, owner of the Double D Guest Ranch.