- Prep Time : 25 minutes
- Cook Time : 1h 30 min
- Yield : 16
- Preheat oven to 325 deg.
- Mix oreo crumbs and butter, press into bottom and 1 1/2 to 2 inches up side of springform pan.
- Heat milk and caramels in small microwavable bowl on high for 3 mins or until caramels are melted completely, stirring after each minute.
- Stir in nuts, pour half into crust. Refrigerate 10 mins. refrigerate remaining caramel for later use.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time while mixing on low speed after each just until well blended.
- Pour over caramel layer in crust.
- Bake 65 - 70 mins, until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake, cool before removing rim.
- Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Microwave remaining caramel mixture for 1 min, stir, pour over cheesecake. Melt chocolate according to package, drizzle over cheesecake. Enjoy!
Our Turtle Cheesecake Recipe will beat the Hare!
How did this recipe become known as Turtle Cheesecake? I’m going to have to research the origin of this cheesecake and post what I find. A recipe full of Oreo cookies, caramel, chocolate and pecans equals pure HEAVEN! It doesn’t take much to convince you how amazing this cheesecake tastes. All you have to do is read the list of ingredients and you understand why we consider this the best Turtle cheesecake recipe you’ll find. Don’t deny your watering mouth, take a quick trip to your local market with this ingredient list and bake yourself a fantastic turtle cheesecake tonight. When you pull this cheesecake out of the oven, snap some pictures and share your masterpiece with us and your friends! Please take a moment to PIN this recipe to Pinterest and like us on Facebook!