Gorgeous, Elegant, Delicious! Wow your friends and family with this one! Another yummy one thanks to Betty Crocker.
- Prep Time : 60 minutes
- Cook Time : 1h 30 min
- Yield : 16
- buter or margerine - 6 tbsp, (crust)
- chocolate wafer cookies - 1 pkg, 9oz (crust)
- cream cheese, softened - 2 pkg, 8oz (filling)
- sugar - 1/2 cup (filling)
- eggs - 3 (filling)
- white vanilla chips - 1 pkg, 12oz (filling)
- whipping cream - 1 cup (filling)
- vanilla - 1 tsp (filling)
- chocolate chips, semisweet - 1/3 cup (sauce)
- butter - 1 tbsp (sauce)
- boiling water - 1/4 cup (sauce)
- sugar - 3/4 cup (sauce)
- corn syrup - 3 tbsp (sauce)
- extract, vanilla or mint - 1/2 tsp (sauce)
- Place 12-inch square sheet of foil on rack below center oven rack in oven. Heat oven to 325°F. In medium bowl, combine crust ingredients; mix well. Press in bottom and about 1 inch up sides of ungreased 10-inch springform pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Quickly add melted chips, whipping cream and vanilla; beat until smooth. Pour into crust-lined pan.
- Bake at 325°F. for 55 to 65 minutes or until edges are set; center of cheesecake will be soft. Turn oven off; open oven door at least 4 inches. Let cheesecake sit in oven for 30 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove cheesecake from oven. Cool in pan on wire rack for 1 hour or until completely cooled. Carefully remove sides of pan. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In small heavy saucepan, combine chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon butter and boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes. Whisk chocolate mixture until smooth. Add 3/4 cup sugar and corn syrup; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; boil 8 minutes without stirring.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Stir 1/2 teaspoon vanilla into chocolate sauce. Cool 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Sauce will thicken as it cools. Serve cheesecake with sauce. Store cheesecake and sauce in refrigerator.